UKC

Edexcel username and password?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iksander 17 Mar 2013
My daughters got a "functional skills" exam in IT - I can get passed papers but not the files you need to use without a login. School is no help.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/func-skills/ict/Pages/default.aspx
 The Ivanator 17 Mar 2013
In reply to iksander: Not sure what you are asking for here. Are you really expecting a teacher to email you their access codes to the secure part of the Edexcel site?
It seems to me there is ample information in the public sphere, and to be honest these "functional skills" exams are not held in particularly high regard anyway, most schools and colleges only run them because doing so attracts government funding.
 Hairy Pete 17 Mar 2013
In reply to iksander: I'm guessing that "Live data files" are in fact the current examination material - hence the security. However, the "Sample Assessment Materials" link provides data files from 2010, without needing a password.
OP iksander 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Hairy Pete:
> (In reply to iksander) I'm guessing that "Live data files" are in fact the current examination material - hence the security.

Yes, but it is not just the most recent files that are password protected

>However, the "Sample Assessment Materials" link provides data files from 2010, without needing a password.

Yes, but the "Sample Assessment Materials" do not correspond to the files referred to in November 2010 paper

So there is no publicly available papers with the coresponding files available, hence the question.

Regarding the usefulness or otherwise of the paper, I agree - but she's required to complete it at school otherwise she'd have to retake it a forth time at Sixth Form which would be an unwelcome distraction from doing her "proper" subjects.

If anyone can email me the "November 2010 - FST02/01 Level 2 Data File" that would be great, I'm not after your login credentials.
 Hairy Pete 17 Mar 2013
In reply to iksander:Try here:
http://www.futureprogress.com/functionalskills/

Looks as if the raw material is there - you may have to put together the image files.
OP iksander 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Hairy Pete: Perfect! Thanks very much
 Adam15 17 Mar 2013
In reply to iksander:

Schools will usually provide practice exam paper but it is sometimes possible to purchase sample practice papers from the exam board. Login areas are restricted for teachers and accessing any current papers through this could be classed as an unfair advantage. Best just to contact EdExcel to ask for some more sample exam papers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...