UKC

isle of man tt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 taffyboy 22 Mar 2013
hi all. was wondering if anyone as been to the isle of man tt. a mate and myself are thinking of heading out to the isle of man for the tt, we are planning to spend a week there but not sure how much its going to cost for camping and how much to allow for spending. if anyone as been and can give me an idea how much camping is and how much a day we should allow for, as its the tt we are under the impression that prices for food and drink are going to go through the roof it would be a good idea if someone could giveus an idea onhow much to take. thanks
 chrisprescott 22 Mar 2013
In reply to taffyboy: I've lived on the island all my life so have a fair idea. There are loads of different options for camping all over the Island and a lot situated right next to the course. I'm thinking you'll be lucky to find a campsite for under £10 - 15 a night (although the sites further from the course are more likely to be cheaper. As for food and drink costs the proximity to the course is also a big factor. Most of the pubs don't raise the prices for the TT (the two i've worked at didn't) and you're probably looking at £6 - 10 each for a pub lunch, but obviously shopping and cooking yourself will be a lot cheaper. Pints are around £3 (although more in places like Bushy's tent on the prom). Hope that's some help.
OP taffyboy 22 Mar 2013
In reply to chrisprescott: thats brilliant mate. not what i expected, i thought it would have been expensive. cheers mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...