UKC

Vietnam 2014 expedition needs more climbers.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Dave Lucas 29 Mar 2013
premier post photo
An expedition set to depart for Vietnam in April 2014 is looking for climbers to join it.

In 2012 seven climbers went to Ha Long Bay in search of unclimbed rock. 2-weeks later they had 103 new routes, and numerous stories of adventure and daring do under their belts. Now hungry for more they are looking to return but are in need of more members.

On this sea-based expedition you will be sleeping, eating and resting on board the "Mother Ship". Sea kayaks and a basket boat will be used to explore the vast amount of unclimbed rock jutting out of the tropical waters. You will be developing what has to be one of the world's best deep water soloing destinations.

The team is limited to only 12 people, so if you want to know more then do not hesitate to contact me.
 Twisty 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

I can vouch for the fact that this will be an incredible trip. Dave's a top guy too, and he's not even paying me to say this.

Simon_Sheff 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:
>
> An expedition set to depart for Vietnam in April 2014 is looking for climbers to join it.
>
>
>
> On this sea-based expedition you will be sleeping, eating and resting on board the "Mother Ship". Sea kayaks and a basket boat will be used to explore the vast amount of unclimbed rock jutting out of the tropical waters. You will be developing what has to be one of the world's best deep water soloing destinations.
>
> The team is limited to only 12 people, so if you want to know more then do not hesitate to contact me.

How much money you making?
 Blue Straggler 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Simon_Sheff:
> (In reply to Dave Lucas)
> [...]
>
>
> How much money you making?

What business is that of yours?
 Andy S 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Simon_Sheff: that's just plain bitter. Clearly it's a business, but it's being marketed as simply a cool trip with an atmosphere of 'we're all in it together'. Which is exactly how it should be. I say great advert. It's probably the best 890 most people would ever spend.
 dutybooty 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas: if I climbed anywhere near well enough, you'd have my money
 Alan Dixon 05 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

Haven't been on this trip in particular, but I have been to Ha Long Bay and it is simply amazing. As is the rest of Vietnam. Wish I could go!
OP Dave Lucas 05 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

Many thanks for your positive comments. When I am asked what grade should someone be climbing to come on an expedition I always say that the grade you climb is always less important then having common sense and a drive for adventure. That being said on this trip if you are climbing French 6b+ then there is lots of climbing to be done. If you are climbing 7a/b then you will be spoilt for choice and have endless projects to climb.

I have put together a PDF that you can download that gives the ins and outs of the expedition. You can find the link at the base of the following post:

http://expeditionconsultancy.com/wp/2013/03/vietnam-2014-climbing-expeditio...

If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dave
 Cheese Monkey 09 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas: To say I'm tempted would be an understatement. If it was Laos I would be signed up on the spot
 Marc Langley 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

Hi Dave,

Great advert this is somthing I am very interested in taking part in I am avaliable for them two weeks so it would be an absolute pleasure to take part.

I currently climb allot around Chamonix and the uk mainly winter climbing but I also do allot of Trad and sport.

You can contact me on marclangley87@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Marc Langley
 Mike Hutton 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

I went on this trip and it was one of the best climbing trips I have ever been on. (I have been on some pretty good trips over the years)
The guys on the trip were top company! and Dave's organisation skills are extremely high. An awesome trip!
 Fredt 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Dave Lucas:

What is 'daring do'?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...