UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Major New Guidebook in Development

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Apr 2013
Altai Photo for montage, 4 kbIn a radical departure for Rockfax, we have decided to tackle a major new book to the wonderful climbing found in the remote Republic of Altai. Read on to discover how you can download a fantastic free sample topi.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5354
 xplorer 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've already got a guide book for that area, get with it
 tomrainbow 01 Apr 2013
In reply to xplorer: I went there recently...it's awesome.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Can't wait to go. I can't for the life of me think why Rockfax hasn't covered this area sooner!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Are those aretes really unclimbed? Amazing!

Chris
 xplorer 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've claimed pretty much every first ascent in the area, lived here for over ten years. Got a feat tan
In reply to UKC Gear:

The complete Dry Tooling guide to Almscliff would be a more worth while publication.
 Calder 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

That's it - a small selection of very short, loose corners? It not exactly got me drooling.
 full stottie 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Those grades are way off. Altai Kok if you ask me.
 Will Hunt 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:
Fly across the world, drive circa 12 hours on the motorway, take a 4 hour 4x4 drive, 10km walk in. Climb three routes which I wouldn't bother doing if they were at my local roadside?

No thanks!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Will & Calder:

Ha Ha - like a kipper!

Chris

Jubjab 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs: wow, the topo looks amazing! Is Ryanair flying there yet?
 Guy Atkinson 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Hehehehe, looks epic!
 Tom Last 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Probably the best of the bunch today.
rtwilli4 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is this a joke?
 mattrm 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Southern Man:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> Probably the best of the bunch today.

Really? Seems pretty naff really. Can't figure out why it's funny.

Will Hunt 01 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

My apologies. I'd assumed that it was genuine due to the telltale errors in the text. Had they been absent I'd have noticed something was afoot.
 marksykes 02 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:
My PC has got the latest version of Fwll Anti-Virus (1.04) software and wouldn't download the topo.
Can you send it to me by post??
 Clay C 02 Apr 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

For anyone wondering, we actually did go there and climb those routes last summer. Fortunately, that wasn't the only reason we went given the fact they are as unimpressive as they look and the approach really is that long!

We'd gone to the Altai to go mountaineering, but we spotted a bit of fairly solid rock a few minutes from our basecamp so went and had a little climb on a rest day. One of the team put the Rockfax-style topo together as a bit of a joke when we got back, but the guys at Rockfax thought he'd done a good enough job to pass it off as a real sample page.

If anyone's interested, what we got up to for the rest of the few weeks is up on our website: www.thealtai.co.uk
 Calder 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:
> (In reply to Will & Calder)
>
> Ha Ha - like a kipper!
>
>
>
> Chris
>
>

Dang! And I thought I'd avoided all fools. :
 Guy Atkinson 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Clay C: Well regardless of whether the rock climbing is any good it still looks like a stunning place! nice job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...