UKC

Sports injury physio, pilates, chiro, osteo in London?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OneLifeOneHeart 05 May 2013
I went swimming yesterday and this morning I woke up with a thumping pain in my neck and upper spine. I have had unidentified back problems for years (possibly posture-related) and yesterday followed a common suggestion by many to try swimming.

I don't really care about the pain. I have lived with it for years and the only thing that changes is that it's always in a different place of the spine or body depending on which new sport I tried... I want to solve this problem once and for all. I want to be strong and fit. I am fed up with getting some problem each time I try to do some physical activity.

I was searching for a good sports injury place to ask for advice here in London, but there seem to be hundreds and I don't really know where to start, especially as they all seem to cost.
Do you have any suggestions?

And no, I cannot wait for the GP or those white-cloaked b***ards at the NHS. I hate them as hell. They have such a distorted view of what is "urgent"... I am patient no more.

I want to call now and go now (latest tomorrow).

Thanks for listening, sorry for rant, but I want to be cured, not fooled around with.
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:
I re-read some of my older posts... I realize I can come across as quite rantful, but please understand me: I am living with pain every day and at the same time trying to live in a fit and healthy way.

Please understand that the pain causes lots of anxiety as well. I don't take pain killers as I don't see them as something that treats the source of the problem but only the symptom.

My anxiety is that if I don't get cured as soon as possible, things in my body will keep getting worse.

Why I havent found anything else so far? I am quite busy outside sports. I work more than 14-15 hours a day in the office.
During weekends I try to stay fit.

But each time I try something new... it feels great WHILE I do it. But the next day I feel incredible pains.

Please, please, please, please, please help me find someone who will help me.
For your info, I did take pain killers every day at the very beginning, and I was told that that can also cause trouble, i.e. pain killers ARE unhealthy for the rest of the body, if taken long term.
 vark 05 May 2013
From this and your other posts I would suggest the underlying cause is a combination of anxiety/depression and little idea how to exercise.

Yours sincerely

A white- cloaked NHS b@st@rd

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...