Outdoor Technologies Ltd specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world.
We’re looking for a committed and experienced individual who balances a creative flair with a commercial eye. The successful Marketing Manager will have the ability to think strategically at both a trade and consumer level and have accountability for driving media campaigns, online social media opportunities and creating new ideas. You must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with both internal teams and our US and European offices as well as with key retail partners. A minimum of 3 years management experience is essential as you’ll be working with a small team responsible for ensuring all marketing plans are delivered to a high standard and on time.
• Lead, define, manage, coordinate and integrate all Brand activities for Equip products in the UK, Europe and the US through globally agreed and defined strategic goals and objectives
• Responsible for Marketing budgets and liaising with Directors to develop effective seasonal marketing plans
• Manage and track budgets to ensure on or under budget performance
• Devise co-op marketing plans with suppliers, partners and customers to increase brand presence
• Select and manage advertising and media campaigns according to brand strategy and budget
• Create and coordinate compelling online activity and content using social media tools
• Co-ordinate, create, manage and track project time lines to ensure deliverables are met
• Establish and maintain agreed brand “tone of voice” online and in print, through copy, imagery and communications
• Commission and manage photographers and video makers for location, studio and expedition content, including art direction, payment and contract rights negotiation.
• Identify new marketing opportunities with potential and existing sponsored athletes, expeditions and events. Nurture and maintain these relationships
• Identify target markets and develop ways of communicating with them
• Generate increased sales of the Equip brands through effective in-store merchandising and bespoke graphics for key retailers
• Develop product marketing content and materials (swing tags, etc) in line with brand and product stories, working closely with Sales and Design
• Identify future options regarding tradeshow stand layouts, formats and suppliers
• Print buying to ensure best price, quality and service
• Manage the 2 European trade shows, together with your colleague at Lowe Alpine. Identify and manage future consumer show opportunities
• Develop Group Marketing plans in conjunction with Lowe Alpine
• Study competitors' products and marketing strategies to ensure Rab achieves and remains in the leading market position
• Identify personal and departmental development/training needs to ensure that the marketing department is up-to-date with new technologies and developments
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
• You will ideally be degree educated, ideally with a marketing and communication bias
• At least 3 years management experience in a similar position
• Experience using the following software; Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop
• Holds a full driving licence
• A willingness to work weekends as required
• Have a passion for the outdoors, with a deep understanding and personal experience of mountaineering, climbing and hillwalking
• Wide knowledge of current best practice in marketing, media and online activities
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, committed management team working toward a common goal
• Excellent creative skills and judgement
• Able to work autonomously and take initiatives
• Energetic, resourceful and open to change
• Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter, clearly detailing salary expectations to Donna Evans, HR Manager.