UKC

Best scottish guidebook for Dundee/Perth area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Barney_GT 05 Jun 2013
Chaps,

Looking to get a guidebook for when I'm back home in Dundee (working in horribly flat Lincolshire) and was wondering if anyone found any particular guidebook better than any others for the Dundee/Perth/Arbroath area? In particualr trad routes if it makes a difference.

The two that I've seen that I might buy with an uneducated guess would either be: Highland Outcrops or Scottish Rock Volume 1: South.

Any help much aprreciated!
 gforce 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Barney_GT:

If you're interested in climbing on the Aberdeen sea cliffs (Stonehaven northwards) then get North East Outcrops - got Clova in it too so no need for Scottish Rock V1.
 StuDoig 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Barney_GT:
SMC guide NOrth East Outcrops covers the areas along the coast + clova, ballater etc.
For Dunkeld and others around the A9 you're looking at Highland outcrops.

whether you go for one or the other, or both, will depend on where you see yourself climbing most - personally I'd think more about the NE outcrops as it includes the angus quaries (bolted), clova (trad) and all the sea cliffs around Aberdeen (Trad mostly, some bolted).

Have a look at the SMC's website and it'll give you a good idea of area coverage.

Cheers,

Stuart
OP Barney_GT 06 Jun 2013
Awesome, thanks guys - that settles the argument for me. I'll get on amazon for NE Outcrops.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...