UKC

Alpkit Zhota?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simon1985 22 Jun 2013
I am extremely tempted my the Alpkit Zhota but there are very few reviews online. Has anyone got one/ seen one? If so what do you think?
Antigua 23 Jun 2013
In reply to simonhicklin:
What temps you?
 Šljiva 23 Jun 2013
In reply to simonhicklin: I have one, I love it. However, I didn't pay anywhere near full price and I have nothing to compare it too. it's pretty spacious - tend to use it for longer trips these days. Use the kangri for overnight /weekends just because it's that bit easier to pitch / dry out.
Antigua 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Šljiva:
> (In reply to simonhicklin) I have one, I love it. However, I didn't pay anywhere near full price

I'm in the market for a new tent and took a look at the Alpkit ones. Have to say that they quickly got discarded as a potential purchase. Small, heavy, expensive and with minimal features ie. no ventilation ports in either the inner or outer tent fabric, no foam separator between inner and outer skins, no snow valance etc

Built down to a price?

Found places doing the usual suspects i.e. Mountain Hardwear The North Face proven mountain tents in sales for similar prices to the Alpkit. Maybe Alpkit's version 2 will be more competitive in terms of cost and features?
Alpnick 25 Jun 2013

Hi Simon

We have our demo scheme, so you can try before you buy and we will be at Cliffhanger Sheffield.

Most people that have seen the tents in the flesh have acknowledged the materials and attention to detail that have gone in to them.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4375

Alpkit Zhota: 4.84kg / £450
Mountain Hardwear Trango: 3.1 - 5.28kg/ £699
Terra Nova Hyperspace: 5.2kg / £700
Macpac Hemisphere: 5.3kg / £799
Hilleberg Saivo: 5kg / £925

Cheers

Nick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...