UKC

kids rockshoe suggestion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 duchessofmalfi 03 Jul 2013
I'm looking for suggestions for a kids shoe ~ size one, that is a mite more technical than the ones I've seen or used so far (mad rock mad monkey Quechua Vuarde Vulca).

With obvious caveats about soft bones etc something a bit more aggressive, stiffer and down turned than the usual floppy slippers would be good. And a narrow fit, velcro slipper style, easy to put on, comfy, one size growth, colour red orange or blue, cheap etc etc (moon on a stick please).

Any suggestions for a decent, slim fitting kids shoe - it'll get a lot of use the last ones wore out before they got too small.

winhill 03 Jul 2013
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

If you're going to wear them out before growing out then you don't need adjustable ones.

If they're downturned they need to fit tight, so you're cramming toes in. Kids I've seen in downturns break the sole to flatten them anyway. Kids generally need to smear so downturns ain't good.

If you use adult shoes, again they may be too stiff to smear, as they get stiffer relatively as they get smaller.

Good toe contact probably isn't and issue - it's a choice of big toe box for comfort (like the m r monkeys) or a larger shoe more technical but too long for toeing.

Durango nano is good for a kids shoe, nice toe, but not adjustable (that isn't a huge feature, not v usable and they're going to wear the toes out anyway)

at 6b it's better in an adults shoe, evolv electra or anazasi lv, but they won't last long, size 3 probly.

at 7a it's worth thinking about lace ups cos they hold the foot much better for edging. fleabay some old pinks that haven't been used much, size 3 or even 4. PITA to put on and take off but confidence boosting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...