UKC

Who got good conditions today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Owen W-G 07 Jul 2013
26deg in London at 9.45am, couldn't have imagined dong any climbing today

That said, I've got a weekend pass next weekend and forecast is set to be the same

So, where to go? Who got good conditions where in the SW or peak this weekend?
 Hooo 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
I went to Wintours and did King Kong. It was hot, but in shade most of the way. A day I won't forget for a while, took us 3.5 hours!
 The Pylon King 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

Its got to be north facing sea cliff weather i reckon.
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
Unbelievable - what about a big hurrah for dry sunny rock - you can start early or late to avoid the heat of the day and have a lunchtime swim
In reply to John Kelly:
> (In reply to Owen W-G)
> Unbelievable - what about a big hurrah for dry sunny rock - you can start early or late to avoid the heat of the day and have a lunchtime swim

i dont see anyone moaning
 Nathan Adam 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: Inn Pinn with a Broken Spectre and an Inversion, absolutely brilliant !
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to MFB)
> [...]
>
> i dont see anyone moaning

'26deg in London at 9.45am, couldn't have imagined dong any climbing today'

err
 Si dH 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
Chee Tor was good in the shade but it did get pretty hot in the sun..
Looked perfect for the cornice, nice temps there.
In reply to John Kelly:

thats just stating facts
 anaesthetic 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

Corvus in Borrowdale, nice easy climb in the shade
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

I would have thought that

'26deg in London at 9.45am,' is a fact
and
'couldn't have imagined dong any climbing today' is an opinion

cragtyke 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: at Brimham today, very warm, very humid, no breeze at all, some cloud cover building but strangely very few midges. Did 6 of the best VS's on grit.
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2013
In reply to cragtyke: out there doing stuff brilliant
 Rachel Slater 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: We climbed in the Cairgorms today, conditions were amazing!
OP Owen W-G 07 Jul 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

I was moaning a fair bit today! Painted skirting boards and tore up old carpet.
 John Kelly 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

that does sound a bit grim but next weekend, worlds your oyster - I'm sure you'll have a great weekend wherever you end up

all the best john
 andork123 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: bouldering on Apparent North from about 12-6, no shade at all. Shoulders are on fire not the best weather for grit it would seem.
 SecretSquirrel 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
16 routes at Harborough yesterday despite the heat, though admittedly mostly easy solos.
Probably should have gone for limestone again today, only got 2 routes on the grit at Lawrencefield but it was lovely under the shade of the trees.

We also cleaned up Howard's Slab enough to climb & protect it - a mate lead it but I'm planning to go back on a cooler day. I hadn't even realised there was anything that far right on the crag but its a worthwhile route.
 Ciderslider 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G: Did a few VS's at subluminal then went at did Astrid on black zawn (what a fantastic route) then dogged the hell out of stroof on top rope - happy days
Wiley Coyote2 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
After 8 routes on Yorks limestone onFriday and six on Peak grit on Saturday the conditons in the pub garden today were ideal. Back on the limestone tomorrow
Oceanwall 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
Climbed on Helsby on Sunday.
In the shade until after 2.00pm and had a nice breeze so conditions were ideal.
Oceanwall 08 Jul 2013
In reply to SecretSquirrel:

>
> We also cleaned up Howard's Slab enough to climb & protect it - a mate lead it but I'm planning to go back on a cooler day. I hadn't even realised there was anything that far right on the crag but its a worthwhile route.

I did Howard's Slab a few years ago and remember it being a bit dusty but a really good route for that part of the crag.
 nickh1964 08 Jul 2013
Eagle Grisedale on Saturday was perfect, a strong yet warm wind kept the worst of the heat off but it was still tshirt weather.
Long live the summer......
 Morgan Woods 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

shorts and t-shirt bouldering weather in Sydney yesterday.
 Wesley Orvis 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

Giant's Crawl Saturday and Middle Fell Buttress and south west face Harrsion Stickle Sunday, decended down Jack's Rake, a big block fell from above without any shouts of below, came from Cook's Tour area landed just behind us, 5 seconds earlier and we would be flat, amazing nobody got hit with the amount of people in the rake without helmets on. Cracking weekend but the midgies in Langdale were horrendous, even in direct sunlight.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:
Both days were good in snowdonia, sat sunny in the pass with a nice cooling breeze climbing in shorts and t shirt. Sunday was mostly cloudy and warm on idwal so also not too hot!
Rosco P Coltrane 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

Was at Bamford on Saturday and we had the place to ourselves. It was beautiful up there and managed a lot of routes. Sunday I played the good Son and spent the day doing jobs in the garden for my dear Mum!
In reply to Owen W-G:

Went to Cloggy. It was ace.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jul 2013
In reply to victim of mathematics:
how dry was it? I heard friday things were still pretty damp and sunday on the north facing parts of idwal we encountered a fair amount of wet grass (and a bit of seepage and a belay ledge that was a puddle). Also the top of dinas mot was still a little damp on saturday.
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Some dampness still around. The cracks looked pretty unpleasant, but plenty of stuff was dry. The whole place was certainly a fair bit drier when we left yesterday afternoon than when we arrived on Saturday morning.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...