UKC

Seeking suggestions for first hike destination

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
PaulTB 19 Jul 2013
Hello,
Me and my girlfriend have just moved to West Sussex and we are about to start exploring UK's mountains. We're looking for an advice on where to start. We have walked and climbed mostly in Polish High Tatra Mountains. We don't have any special climbing equipment thus we are looking for some challenging but accessible hikes with some easy rock climbs.
We have no knowledge on British geography or mountain ranges, so any advice and some useful links are welcome.

PS. Sorry for my english

Greetings,
Paul
In reply to PaulTB: Snowdonia, North Wales.
 Bobling 19 Jul 2013
In reply to PaulTB:

North West Scotland!
 Duncan Bourne 19 Jul 2013
In reply to PaulTB:
You are a bit out of the way in Sussex but The Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia, The Lake District and Scotland will fit the bill. Also the Peak district, The Yorkshire Dales, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Cornwall are places worth hiking
In reply to PaulTB:
>
> PS. Sorry for my english
>
> Greetings,
> Paul

Your English is better than some on here and 1000 Times better than my Polish.
 Skol 19 Jul 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

In reply to thomaspomfrett: Depending on where you are based, it might be worht contacting local LEA centres to see if you can shadow a few sessions. most are pretty welcome for an extra pair of hands, especially if it's an unruly bunch!

Pot/kettle/black!))))
PaulTB 19 Jul 2013
Thanks for the replies. After a quick research I think Scotland and Snowdonia suit us the most and because the latter is half the way from Sussex to Scotland this will be our first destination. At least I know where to start.

Cheers
In reply to PaulTB: Hi Paul. The Route Cards section of this site should give you a good idea of where to go and what to do when you get there: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/find.php

And there are the Walking Destinations Articles too: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/older.html?category=2&date=

Wherever you go, enjoy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...