UKC

climbing wall norfolk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aerial.man 21 Aug 2013
Hi does any one know if there are any climbing walls in north Norfolk, as I am going there on my hols soon.

thanks

aerial.man
 poigol5043 22 Aug 2013
In reply to aerial.man: Just googled it, looks like this is the closest one: sportspark.co.uk/activities-sports/climbing/

If you're googling there's a site that pops up on a couple of searches called baseline-promotions.co.uk, don't click it, it tried to give me a virus
dirty crimper 22 Aug 2013
In reply to aerial.man: don't bother with the sportspark its pretty s***t. there is a wall in kings lyn called the hanger and if you are near norwich there is highball climbing centre which is probably the best bouldering wall in east anglia.
 1step2far 22 Aug 2013
In reply to dirty crimper: +1 For highball. Sportspark is only any use if you've got a rope and partner. Highball mostly bouldering but great place to climb! Althou does depend where in North Norfolk you're heading to?
 Dave Reeve 22 Aug 2013
In reply to aerial.man: There is nothing in North Norfolk itself. Highball is best for bouldering, also has a small leading/top rope wall. The Sportspark on UEA campus is actually quite a good wall, especially now routes are being set on a monthly basis. Lowestoft has a small wall and also a bouldering cave. Kings Lynn has a small wall and bouldering wall.
 1step2far 23 Aug 2013
In reply to Dave Reeve: Hi Dave, Is Lowestofts bouldering wall actually open? I know they built one, but after the centre got in to financial difficulties they didn't open it.
 1step2far 23 Aug 2013
In reply to aerial.man: Oh and one other thought I doubt you'd travel from North Norfol to Lowestoft as Dave said there are better walls in Norwich, but Lowestoft is only open limited hrs when the club is on. You can't use it as a new user outside of those times as there's noond there to do the safety test.
aerial.man 28 Aug 2013
In reply to aerial.man: you have all been very helpful, thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...