UKC

Idwal Slabs Dropped Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bobbyjonesy 25 Aug 2013
Was anyone else at Idwal Slabs today when that novice dropped his bag. He did look a bit sheepish but I notice there was no apology.
In reply to bobbyjonesy:
> Was anyone else at Idwal Slabs today when that novice dropped his bag. He did look a bit sheepish but I notice there was no apology.

Why, did it hit someone?
 alasdair19 25 Aug 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: no, though it gave a few people a fright (me included). Some "experienced" climbers even put their helmets back on for eating their picnic at the bottom.

Don't know what the original poster was expected a 100 decibel sorry to everyone on the cliff?
 jezb1 25 Aug 2013
In reply to bobbyjonesy: Idwal Slabs see some pretty funny things, especially on a Bank Holiday!
 Rob Naylor 25 Aug 2013
In reply to jezb1:

I remember a report in the Ogwen MRT callouts "roundup" a few years ago about a team who'd been benighted on the Slabs....for TWO nights!!!
In reply to jezb1:
> (In reply to bobbyjonesy) Idwal Slabs see some pretty funny things, especially on a Bank Holiday!

It's the Stanage of Wales!
 gethin_allen 26 Aug 2013
In reply to Rob Naylor:
> (In reply to jezb1)
>
> I remember a report in the Ogwen MRT callouts "roundup" a few years ago about a team who'd been benighted on the Slabs....for TWO nights!!!

I remember that one, absolutely ridiculous.
Whenever I climb on idwal slabs I always end up meandering up without really following a set route. Just making my way to the top anyhow and any way.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...