UKC

JOE BROWNS Deal of the Month: DMM Prophet 8.5mm x 60m Pair Deal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 06 Sep 2013
JOE BROWN Deal of the Month: DMM Prophet 8.5mm x 60m Pair Deal, 3 kbSave £70 on a pair of 60m ropes or scroll through our Special Offer rope section to choose from over 50 deals!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5517
 The Grist 06 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Does anybody have any experience of using these ropes? it seems a very good price. I am tempted to buy a pair.

I like DMM gear but they are new to the world of ropes. I have heard that they do not actually make the ropes and have a partner doing so. Does anyone know who this partner is?

Dervey 06 Sep 2013
In reply to The Grist: I've been using one for a year now. Supple and handled brilliantly from the word go. I've used it for everything, from mountain routes to folded in half on grit and it's dealt well with the abuse. In short, I'd recommend it.
 Blue Straggler 06 Sep 2013
In reply to The Grist:

I think they are made for DMM by Mammut
In reply to Blue Straggler: I heard it was edelrid?
 EddInaBox 06 Sep 2013
In reply to The Grist:

"DMM, working with Beal ropes, have developed a range of DMM ropes for the UK market. These aren't rebranded Beal ropes - Beal ropes are distributed in the UK by Lyon Equipment - but are a new range being built to DMM's own specifications."

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2882
 Jon Wickham 06 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: They were originally planned to be made by Beal, but this never transpired. They are made by Edelrid but to a spec written by DMM.
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Regardless of who they're made by, I've got one and think it's ace - recommended!
 1poundSOCKS 06 Sep 2013
In reply to The Grist: Tendon Ambitions are cheaper, I have a pair (and they haven't snapped yet!), but I'm not sure how they compare against the DMMs.
 Blue Straggler 08 Sep 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler) I heard it was edelrid?

OK I sit corrected, possibly. No argument from me at least.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...