UKC

Cheedale, Embankment gritstone ramps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Gresty 27 Sep 2013
Has anybody been on the easy gritstone railway embankment ramps adjacent to the Embankment in Cheedale recently. Are they clean, are the lower off/belay bolts at the top in good condition. It is many years since I solo climbed these, but they would be very suitable to to give someone I know an experience of climbing.
Please do not post other options, at the moment I am just interested in this specific venue.
Thanks
John
 jkarran 27 Sep 2013
In reply to John Gresty:

They were clean in spring. No idea about bolts, sorry.
jk
 DerwentDiluted 27 Sep 2013
In reply to John Gresty: I looked at them about 2yrs ago and they looked fine, a really good venue for a first timer.
 TonyB 27 Sep 2013
In reply to John Gresty:

We took our nearly three year old son old top roping there this summer. They were excellent as he was able to climb them really quite easily. We chose the middle of the ramps as it looked the most used (judging by the worn grass at the bottom). There weren't any bolts but there was a huge iron spike hammered in the top between the blocks. It wobbled slightly but seemed very solid. I looked across at the ramp nearer the embankment sector and there are bolts at the top of this on the rock face. This ramp is much bigger and really unnecessarily big for our purposes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151704181099690&set=a.1015060...
 Bulls Crack 27 Sep 2013
In reply to DerwentDiluted:
> (In reply to John Gresty) I looked at them about 2yrs ago and they looked fine, a really good venue for a first timer.

Really? I would have thought something realistic would have been more inspiring.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...