UKC

Scarpa Typhoon Ski boots

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 PHILD 08 Oct 2013
premier post photo
Scarpa Typhoon, size 26.0, PRICE - £250 inc. postage

Bought in a rush before a trip to Chamonix this year where I wanted a boot with a walk mode and touring sole unit but with good Freeride capabilities.
These boots are definitely more Freeride orientated but with the option for getting to more remote places with a greater degree of control and comfort!

Worn for ONE RUN and subsequent walk back to car!!!

I have issues general with my feet with all footwear and ski boots are the worst. Standing in the shop they feel OK, but as soon as I ski with them (correct socks and footbeds being used), I am in crippling agony. These unfortunately were no exception!!
On the trip I ended up buying a pair of new boots from Snell Sports!

Liners haven't even been moulded but I know this will be a waste of time for myself as although they are very painful, they are too big. (I bought a half size up to try and alleviate some of the issues I normally get with ski boots but it didn't stop the pain plus there was now some movement!)
They are intuition liners so they will give a very good precise fit.

As you can see from the photo, the boots are in immaculate condition and come with a walking tongue (more flexible). I have more photos available on request.

Click pjdwyer@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to contact me directly.

Thanks for reading.

Phil
 Cazafa 12 Oct 2013
In reply to PHILD: Yhm!
OP PHILD 16 Oct 2013
In reply to PHILD:
REDUCED down to £200 inc. postage
 Dan Arkle 22 Oct 2013
That would be around a uk size 7
(for the benefit of anybody who was confused like I was)
OP PHILD 26 Oct 2013
In reply to Dan Arkle:
It is equivalent to a size 7 yes, but it should be pointed out that the fit with a ski boot is considerably different to that of a normal shoe.
A ski boot has to fit a lot more closely than normal footwear so that the skier's feet don't move around in the boot when they are trying to control their skis.
I take a 7.5 shoe, but I take a 25.5 ski boot which is equivalent to a 6.5 in normal footwear.
 AMarchant 24 Nov 2013
In reply to PHILD:

If only they were a couple sizes bigger

Have a free bump!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...