UKC

Identity Confirmation Form

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 14 Oct 2013
A neighbour has asked me to fill in an Identity Confirmation Form, with regard to their daughters student loan. Now I've never met the daughter and have only met the neighbour once before (about 3 months ago) - so I can't really fill it in...

I'm struggling to think of what I can say that will politely refuse to fill it in, but not create a feud with my neighbour :-P
 SteveoS 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Richard Carter:

Never got a form like that for my loan.
In reply to SteveoS:

Ok.
Removed User 14 Oct 2013

Have you seen the form? They usually expect that you have known the person for a periiod of time and ask this.

Thats where you can say that you can't fill it in cos you don't meet the criteria.
 Edradour 14 Oct 2013

Why refuse to fill it in? These forms are a waste of time - everyone knows that. If you've met the neighbour, however briefly or fleetingly, and have no reason to suspect that they're involved in an elaborate scam with the student loan company (tbh I can think of much better targets) then just do them a favour and sign the form. You might need them to help you out at some point in the future.

Life is too short.
 ByEek 14 Oct 2013
> Now I've never met the daughter and have only met the neighbour once before (about 3 months ago) - so I can't really fill it in...

Why not say just that? At the end of the day, if she is found to be a fraud, you could be bothered by the people botherers. Surely the neighbour has a friend that could help them out?
 vark 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Edradour:
> (In reply to Richard Carter)
>
> Why refuse to fill it in?

Quite simply because it is fraud. Depending on your profession even an investigation for fraud could cause serious problems. The fact they have asked someone who has never met their daughter would make me very suspicious.
 Ridge 14 Oct 2013
In reply to vark:
> (In reply to Edradour)
> [...]
>
> Quite simply because it is fraud. Depending on your profession even an investigation for fraud could cause serious problems. The fact they have asked someone who has never met their daughter would make me very suspicious.

+1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...