UKC

45 litre technical sacks for short arses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 14 Oct 2013
Recommendations for a 45 litre sack that is good for climbing in for short folk. I'm not a midget at 5'7 but find most sacks of the size a real bugger to climb in, especially when trying to lean my neck back. I'd love to get hold of a LA Mountain Attack 45 (the green one) but can't seem to find one anywhere.
 BStar 15 Oct 2013
In reply to lewismansell:

I came on here to recommend my sack, which just so happens to be the LA mountain attack 45-55 version. It's pretty square in shape which means it's not too long on your back. I'm 5'6 and it works nice for me. No shops had it in so ordered it online, although Ellis Brigham did offer to buy it in specially for me, they only had the alpine attack on their shelves.
 aldo56 15 Oct 2013
In reply to lewismansell: Blue Ice Warthog 38 has quite a short back. Might be worth a look.
Old school Pod Black Ice size small
 kestrelspl 15 Oct 2013
In reply to lewismansell: At 5'8" I find my medium Osprey Mutant 38 (easily 45 with the floating lid) fits well.
 kyaizawa 15 Oct 2013
PodSac Alpine 40 (it says 40 but the floating lid I reckon will take it up to 45). Comes in B and A back length, which feel like short and shorter respectively.
 lucozade 16 Oct 2013
In reply to lewismansell: Been looking at an Alpine Attack myself today and you can get the Mountain Attack here (no affiliation with the company etc) - http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=14992&category_id=28...
OP rockwing 17 Oct 2013
In reply to lucozade:

I'm actually trying to find an older model than that. I've tried the new model and I'm not really a fan.
 Exile 17 Oct 2013

Get aiguille alpine to make one to measure.
 Gav M 17 Oct 2013

I'm only a few cm taller than you and find that Deuter packs fit me very well. Surprising as I'd have thought they'd be specified for Teutonic Uber-men but there you go.
 barbeg 17 Oct 2013

Hi Lewis,
I'm 5'6" so defo of the short variety,(not in every department I might add...!)....
Montane Torque 40 is the dogs wotsitz !
ANdy
 Mountain Llama 17 Oct 2013
In reply to lewismansell: Try crux
 martinph78 17 Oct 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: I was also going to suggest the Montane Torque 40. Well worth a look.
OP rockwing 18 Oct 2013
Does it have axe attachments?
 SGD 18 Oct 2013
In reply to fairweatherclimber: Ditto and I'm 5'6".....
Bergstagen 21 Oct 2013
Simond Jorasses 40+5?

Some short person who owns a Simond Joarasses and has climbed alpine or ice with it?
Seems the quality of zippers, etc. OK?

Problems with head movements with a helmet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...