UKC

TF Tuned?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Got a job rob 20 Oct 2013
Has anyone used TF Tuned to service a set of forks? Are they good?
 mike123 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob: yes. imho no. mojo all the way. i m sure others on here will say otherwise but my experience was not good. the owner/manager/head honcho was an ar$% on the phone when i complained that my forks were worse than when i sent them. mojo sorted them out.
 mike123 20 Oct 2013
In reply to mike123: not sure if they only do fox though.
http://www.mojo.co.uk/
 ChrisJD 20 Oct 2013
 Swirly 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob: speak to Bob, he'll know somewhere decent.
 itsThere 20 Oct 2013
In reply to mike123: How did they make your forks worse. Kinda interested.

Got a rear shock from them. Fast, easy to deal with, and perfectly set up for me and my bike. Will be sending my forks to them soon.
 Taurig 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob:

Never had a problem with TF, I'd recommend them. IMO Mojo have some 'interesting' ideas about tuning that won't suit everyone, but should be fine just for a service. Stendec used to have a terrible rep, but haven't heard much about them for a while.
 ChrisJD 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Taurig:
> (In reply to Got a job rob)
>
> Stendec used to have a terrible rep, but haven't heard much about them for a while.

Really? Says who.

Known and used Dave for about 12 years now for front & rear shocks and a few custom builds. Always excellent!

And Danny Hart can't be wrong....

johnj 20 Oct 2013

I've used TF tuning, good service but expensive, same with mojo, when possible I service my own forks, it's a pretty easy job.
 chris j 20 Oct 2013
In reply to Got a job rob: Have used TFTuned several times, always very good service. Pick a date for the work, post the forks up next day delivery a day or two before, get the forks back the day after, jobs a good'un. Pricey but worth it.
 neuromancer 20 Oct 2013

I would also recommend jtech tuning (he also tends to be a chunk cheaper and have a quicker turnaround due to less jobs on).
 Alun 21 Oct 2013
I've used TFTuned to fix a rear shock in the past. Excellent service. I've also called them up to ask them about changing the seals on a pair of Totems; they didn't have them in stock so the chap ended up telling me how to do it myself, which I duly did with no problems.

So in general I'd say I'm impressed with them.
 Timmd 22 Oct 2013

I've only used them once, and my basic Marzocchi(sp) Boxer forks came back fine and with adjusted rebound which made them perform better.
Aberdeen Rambler 22 Oct 2013
I have had two pairs of forks overhauled by TF; the 1st pair came back in good order. The second set came back in poor condition - I sent them back after discussing the problems over the phone and they fixed the problem. It had initally been missed as one componenet showed sign of light wear but appeared OK, so rather than slap in a new part and up my bill it had been left. But over a period of 2-3 days the air forks were loosing pressure.

Anyway I am very pleased with the way TF handled the whole matter, they do not simply slap on new parts at the slightest excuse and up the bill, and the cost of return and further work was met by TF ( I paid for the new part).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...