UKC

Trad climbing in ElChorro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RandiT 06 Nov 2013
Hi
Does anyone knows how to find out about trad climbing routes in - and around - ElChorro, Spain? Beginners/intermediate level. I know about the ones described in the Rockfax guide, but they are mostly too difficult.

Grateful for answers!

Randi
In reply to RandiT: The local guide has a lot of trad multi-pitch, but I think that generally you're looking at adventure stuff with lots of loose rock, and often climbers below you. I'm happy to be corrected but I would say that if you're looking for easier trad you'd be better heading to the Costa Blanca where you'll find more amazing trad than you could do in a lifetime.
OP RandiT 12 Nov 2013
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

Thank you for a good advice. I have checked the web and, of course, do now regrett that we did not choose Costa Blanca as a climbing destination this winter But next time we will go there! If you have any recommomdation for special crags, I would be most grateful!

Again thank you very much!

Best
Randi
 Hephaestus 12 Nov 2013
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:
> generally you're looking at adventure stuff with lots of loose rock, and often climbers below you.

Amptrax is worth doing, though, and the sport climbing is excellent across the grades.
OP RandiT 19 Nov 2013
In reply to Hephaestus:

Again Thank you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...