UKC

Training for Rodellar - Strength vs Stamina

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Will Goldsmith 10 Dec 2013
I have a trip to Rodellar booked for the start of April : For the last couple of months I have been bouldering in order to build up basic strength and power, and will be moving towards Power Endurance and Stamina after Christmas. Having not climbed at Rodellar before, I am unsure of quite how strong I need to be to climb routes in the 7b+ - 8a region, putting stamina aside.

Just looking to hear from anyone who has climbed any much at rodellar in the past - I am especially interested to know roughly what kind of boulder grades to expect for the crux sequences of typical stamina routes 7b - 8a, just so I can gauge how much emphasis to be putting on strength vs stamina.

Any other tips would be great too!
In reply to Will Goldsmith:

quite long routes - go for stamina: deadhangs and the like.
 Adam Lincoln 10 Dec 2013

Nothing harder than V6 really. Certainly on the longer ones.
 AJM 10 Dec 2013

We won't be a million miles away from there on our van trip. Be nice to catch up if timings work.

Somewhere I've got a about fourth hand beta sheet with info about what particular routes are like etc. drop me a mail if you want it and I'll try and dig it out.
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Cool, that sounds like what I was expecting, thanks.

Andy, Hi! Yeah, that would be great to meet up! We shall be there from 5 - 15th April, and have a car as we planning on getting over to Riglos for a few days too. Ill drop you an email re beta sheet! Cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...