UKC

Nallo 2 GT - footprint or alternative

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Newbiggin 23 Jan 2014
Can anybody recommend an alternative footprint, or maybe a way to fashion my own that will fit exactly, for the Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT?

I'd buy the Hilleberg one if it wasn't so expensive! but £80 for a footprint seems excessive. Yes, the tent was expensive but I got it at much lower than rrp.
In reply to John Newbiggin:

> Yes, the tent was expensive but I got it at much lower than rrp.

we all know you stole it John!

In reply to higherclimbingwales:

staff discount yo.
cb294 25 Jan 2014

Just buy a reinforced tarp at your favourite DIY store. Should be posible to get a size that fits (we have one for the Keron that is just a few cm too wide. In case of rain we just fold the excess underneath). You can also cut it to size and glue the edges.

CB
llechwedd 25 Jan 2014

A sheet of secondary double glazing film from the likes of Screwfix for about £5. Looks like clingfilm but is much, much more puncture resistant. Can't cut into it though without risk of propagating tears.
You can tie a knot in the corners (like a hanky hat) and peg out through them.
Because it is very light you'll need to be on your guard to prevent it blowing away and creating more litter in the countryside.

Cool ideas guys, thanks. Also looking at getting some cheap ripstop material too. I think the usual footprint is around 500g, so as long as it's about that I'll be happy!
 Dr.S at work 26 Jan 2014

If it's for winter use, and especially if either car camping or unconcerned re aesthetics, then consider some tent underlay like this
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Camping-Equipment/Camping-Mats/Closed...

Works very well, adding a surprising amount of warmth
 nufkin 26 Jan 2014

Can't you get that on the footprint too?
In reply to nufkin:

nope, bought the tent a couple of years ago when I worked at cotswold, and it was out of stock. Not worked there in ages and put off buying a footprint for a long time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...