UKC

Small, simple day pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
seank 13 Feb 2014
Had a very simple single compartment, drawstring top, tube, 15lt karrimor which I bought in '87 - was still going strong until my missis "left it somewhere"

Looking at the Gourdon 20 as a replacement, anyone suggest similar options? Not for long distance carrying so lightweight simple harness, simple full opening,
 TobyA 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

I'm very happy with my Gourdon for this sort of thing, being totally waterproof is a good plus when riding in the rain, chucking in a canoe - that sort of thing.

Cheap, light, simple, strong. Winner!
 martinph78 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

It doesn't get much more simple, or cheap, than that. The only limitation for me is it is too simple. It could do with an inside pocket of some sorts for phone/wallet/keys as I always end emptying the pack out to find them!

thedatastream 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

You need to try the old self-adhesive velcro strips and pencil case trick

Velcro. What a rip off.
 martinph78 13 Feb 2014
In reply to thedatastream:

Sure I heard that before actually, will get around to doing it one day. Cheers.
 HeMa 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

Gourdon 20 is indeed a good option. I like mine a lot.

Another option is Simond Cliff (20 liters) http://www.simond.com/en/cat/BackpacksBags/prd/Cliff_20_backpack_1
 thedatastream 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

p.s. Gourdon 20 is a fab pack for what you are after. Lack of a decent waistbelt limits it for running but ace for almost everything else.
 angry pirate 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

I love my Gourdon. It is my go to pack for most things now.
The taping behind the wand pockets has ripped off after a couple of years so it's not waterproof any more but considering I shove approach shoes in it with a change of clothes for post-work wall sessions which will have worn that area heavily I feel that's fair play.
I ummed and ahhed for while before buying and it went out of stock. My advice is just buy one.
Best 22 quid I've spent in a long time!
 michaelmurray 13 Feb 2014
In reply to seank:

Lomo do a similar option to the Gourdon if you're looking for something a bit bigger. Has axe loops too if you were thinking of using it in winter.

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/walkers-drybag-rucksack.html
Post edited at 18:22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...