/ £1000+ Petzl Ecrin Roc !!! WHAT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gaffalynch - on 10 Mar 2014
Have you seen ebay £1000+ or a old helmet what is going on anyone care to explain I have one of these in my garage I think i will be selling it.

Oceanrower - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

There's two of them. And both being bid up by the same people (with no/low feedback)

Someone's taking the piss.......
Alpenglow - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

Very unlikely they're going to pay
In reply to Oceanrower:

Bloody Crazy!
martinph78 on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

They regularly go for £160-ish on ebay.

They're popular with cavers and not made anymore, and I guess some folk don't like change!
davy_boy - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

its normally the ecrin bests (without holes) that go for over £100 these are still well loved by rope access guys and cavers. normal ecrin roc with the holes in them tend to be about £40. seems madness the current bids on ebay bit suspect to be fair.
In reply to Martin1978:

Really? I should sell mine!
Ban1 - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

strange that two of them are up there for over a grand a piece
Climbing Pieman on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

> Really? I should sell mine!

I've got two. One of which has been very little used, so I should sell it given those prices!
top cat - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

Maybe Petzl should sit up and take notice: clearly these helmet should not be discontinued!!
In reply to top cat:

I think your 100% right there.
matthewtraver - on 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

Awesome helmet... so darned easy to adjust. I once witnessed a friend underground digging have a boulder shift right on top of his Ecrin, sandwiching his head to the floor. He had to slowly wriggle out from the helmet. Saved his skull big time, haha!
crayefish - on 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

Paying over £1000 for a climbing helmet is stupid. Paying £1000 for a second hand helmet is just plain Alabama stupid.

Though when I am a rich oil tycoon I'd so get a nice carbon fibre jobbie to protect my goey bits But it would have a molded in headtorch, stereo, pussy magnet and a cider can attachment!
tjin - on 11 Mar 2014
In reply to top cat:

Petzl does have the Petzl Vertex in there line, which is absoluet a fine alternative if you really need such a heavy duty helmet.
dutybooty - on 11 Mar 2014
In reply to tjin:

Vertex has really bad adjustment. I use one caving. Sits very high on the head and constantly mess with it to try and get it sitting right but it never works.
lost1977 - on 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

> Really? I should sell mine!

I was thinking the same
ads.ukclimbing.com
chrisbaggy - on 11 Mar 2014
In reply to Gaffalynch:

Money Laundering Scheme?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.