UKC

Micro down jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 18 Mar 2014
I need(want would be a better description but have persuaded myself I need) a lightweight down jacket more for having for eating dinner outside my van, camping etc whilst on climbing trips this summer.

What would be peoples recommendations, my only preference is for the jacket to have a hood.
 zephr 18 Mar 2014
In reply to ffati:

I could recommend a Marmot Quasar hoodie... mainly because I have a brand new one that I don't need, if you want to buy it?
 TobyA 18 Mar 2014
In reply to ffati:

Get a uniqlo one - perfectly good and not very expensive. Don't expect micro baffled down jackets to be much warmer than a snuggly fleece though.
OP ffati 18 Mar 2014
In reply to zephr:

What size,colour etc
 Gazlynn 19 Mar 2014
In reply to ffati:

If your close to a decathlon go for the wedze ultralight down jacket.

I've got patagucci down jackets and I honestly think this one is as good if no better and at £45 ish a bargain

cheers

Gaz
 zephr 19 Mar 2014
In reply to ffati:

Size Small (though its like a US size small - so not actually THAT small), blue (they call it "dark Azure" with Green zips.)
In reply to Gazlynn:

> If your close to a decathlon go for the wedze ultralight down jacket.

Seconded. My M weighs 250g, and packs down small; stuffed into the bottom of my small MTB pack for skiing this year (leaving room for usual goggles, camera, etc).

Not as well stuffed as something like a Rab Microlight Alpine, and face fabric not as robust. But about 1/4 the price... (well, 1/3 now that the Alpine is available for about £125)

Oh, the Wed'ze might now be discounted to £35:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/warm-ultralight-down-ski-jkt-id_8283695.html

Hmm... women only, it seems. Men's is still £50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...