UKC

Camping (wild or site) near Cheddar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 03 Apr 2014
I'm planning on running the route of the Cheddar Gorge half marathon on Saturday, followed by a leg stretching road cycle ride on the Sunday (another post requesting possible routes on cycle forum page).

Is there anywhere I can camp, either wild or site based in or near Cheddar? Obviously I can Google it, but wondered if there were any recommendations among the UKC collective.

I've only just thought of YHA but it's fully booked.

Thanks, TtB
 Oceanrower 03 Apr 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:
Any of the caving huts will be happy to have you. Can recommend The Wessex in Priddy (about 6miles from Cheddar) for £6 a night.
www.wessex-cave-club.org

Don't worry. You don't need to be a caver and they(probably) won't try and convert you to the "dark side"

Post edited at 14:53
In reply to Oceanrower:

Oh that looks great, many thanks for posting.
In reply to Oceanrower:

Good call sir, I'm there now and what a friendly bunch. As yet they haven't requested that I consider a move to the dark side, just as well, I hate caving having done it half-a-dozen times. It's a clagg fest out here tonight so I'm pleased I didn't bivvy.

Thanks for the top-tip.
In reply to Tony the Blade:

You may as well just give in and go caving!
I keep going there with climbing gear for the gorge and end up down some filthy hole each time instead. It's a conspiracy I'm sure...
 Oceanrower 05 Apr 2014
In reply to richard_hopkins:

Hoppy. You normally claim to be washing your hair when I suggest a caving weekend.

You must have the cleanest hair in Surrey!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...