UKC

Tremfest 2014 -Coming soon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elfyn Jones 08 May 2014
That annual jamboree of climbing, route cleaning, vegetation bashing, free booze, amazing free prize draws and this year a one off special talk by none other than Jim Perrin entitled "An alternative History of Climbing at Tremadog", is nearly here.

Last year this event drew nearly 100 climbers to help with crag maintenance (its owned by the BMC for climbers...it does not look after itself...so this is your chance to put something back and also have a great time!).

Free camping and/or bunkhouse accommodation (pre-bookable directly with Eric Jones) is available for those taking part.
Turn up at 10.00am on Saturday 17th May at Eric Jones' cafe- bring your own secateurs, sickles or other pruning tools (sorry no power tools for this event -so leave your chainsaw at home please!.

More info here:-
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/tremfest-2014-is-here

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
 MikeStuart 08 May 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

As a student, I don't own my own " secateurs, sickles or other pruning tools", so will there be tools to borrow to help out?

A fair few of us from the Aberystwyth Mountaineering Club will hopefully be up to help out.
 gethin_allen 08 May 2014
In reply to MikeStuart26:

Get yourself to Wilkinsons and you could probably tool yourself up for a fiver. And you'd have these tools available for the next crag cleanup.
OP Elfyn Jones 08 May 2014

Don't let the lack of ownership of such tools stop you coming.. we have plenty to lend out and are also borrowing more tools from the National Trust...

Excellent that your uni is sending a team along -I guess that's the free beer accounted for now then!!

The Potato 08 May 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

dammn bad timing ill be suffering on a 100 mile run instead
 Alex Riley 08 May 2014
Been looking out for this for ages, gutted to have to miss it two years in a row. Had a big car wreck last week and ended up with a broke my jaw.

Would still love to get involved, is there anyway to help the rest of the year round?
 MikeStuart 09 May 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

Aberystwyth isn't glamorous nor big enough to merit a Wilkinsons, but I shalf pop to the local hardware store. Just thought I try and save some dollar, being a poor student and all.
 MikeStuart 09 May 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thats good to hear there are tools to borrow!
We'll more than happily take the beer off your hands!
OP Elfyn Jones 12 May 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Quick reminder that this is on this coming weekend..and despite the torrential rains of the weekend just gone, the long term forecast for the event is looking good!

Elfyn
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Gutted I can't make it - bloody work getting in the way of play!
 Blake 15 May 2014

There's a Wilkos 5 min down the road in Porthmadog!
 Blake 15 May 2014
In reply to Elfyn Jones:
I'm going along for the Crack... I'm stopping up at Our hut on Pant Ifan, anyone fancy hanging out, having a beer, grabbing a bite, squeezing a few routes in on the Sat or Sunday? (or all of the above).

I have wheels, all the gear etc, and am driving down from the midlands if anyone fancies a lift.

I'll more than likely be alone, so feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Blake

mail: me@blake.ws
Post edited at 08:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...