UKC

Meldon quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 akawd40 23 May 2014
Hi has any one done any climbing on the old meldon quarry face near the pool.

I saw it last summer while up at the pool, there are some decent trees for anchors so was think about setting a top rope and giving it a go has any one tried it before.
OP akawd40 23 May 2014
In reply to akawd40:
Forgot to mention I'm talking to the national park authority about access but looks like it should be fine
 Motown 25 May 2014
In reply to akawd40:

The quarry or the mill pond? Did some DWS about six years ago. Traversed under smooth overhanging face then scrambled up centre. Jumped in of the top - it's really deep. In the quarry itself there are a couple of recorded routes and, if my memory is right, a winter route somewhere. All in Nick White SD and D guide I think.
 Rob 25 May 2014
In reply to akawd40:

Hi, I live quite close to Meldon (Lydford) and am always up for something a bit obscure. I'm away at the moment but if you want to text me we could arrange something in a few weeks' time. 07973-760417. Cheers, Rob.
OP akawd40 27 May 2014
In reply to akawd40:

Well the park authority don't seem to have a problem with giving it a climb at the quarry face, near the carpark, will try this week hopefully and will report back!
OP akawd40 02 Jun 2014
In reply to akawd40:

Had a crack at the old quarry this weekend, there were some nice routes though some of the rock was a bit crumbly in places. The area though is amazing seeming remote but only being about 5 mins drive from Okehampton.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...