UKC

Tranter's Round

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'll never be fit enough to run Tranter's Round so decided to backpack it instead. Sharing some photos here for anyone who wants to see current snow conditions (I've got more, just ask).

http://colinhendersonphoto.com/blog/tranters-round-mamores-grey-corries-aon...

We bumped into three runners on the col between Aonach Beag and Sgurr Choinnich Mor, two of whom are attempting Ramsay's Round in a few weeks - good luck to them. I think we saw Nicky Spinks' footprints as we ascended Aonach Beag.
 Mr Fuller 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Colin Henderson:

That's a really good effort - huge first day. I was in that neck of the woods a week or two ago as well and did the Grey Corries and Aonachs before ditching the idea of doing CMD and Ben Nevis. I wrote about it here: http://gearandmountains.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/corrour-and-the-lochaber-t...
In reply to Mr Fuller:
Matt, cheers, nice pics and story.

I've done the Lochaber Traverse a couple of times before, it's great to finish on Ben Nevis.

I'm jealous you got the gondola down. We missed it by an hour and had to walk. It was miserable!

Post edited at 23:09
 Mr Fuller 10 Jun 2014

Thanks. Yeah, I think we'll be back for the full traverse at some point but will wait for better weather and will go a lot lighter with the kit! As for the gondola, that was a good bit of luck - we thought the last one might be 4.30 so we blasted down to catch that but it turned out to be 5.00. Yes!
Jules B 21 Jul 2014
Just saw this. Was a good day out when we saw you Colin; enjoyed those brilliant photos that you posted. The weather got pretty tasty later on that Saturday didn't it! Was really wet and cold on the way off Stob Choire Claurigh (runners are frail flowers!) but by the time we had got over Stob Ban it started to improve and we were relatively sheltered after that. That was our only opportunity to recce it so we didn't have much choice really.

Lee and I got round the Ramsay in 22:50 a couple of weeks later. Had good weather for the Grey Corries and hills east of Loch Treig and then poor vis and rain during the night on the first part of the Mamores and then it improved again. We both thought the hardest of the big three rounds.

All the best,

Jules Barrett.
Post edited at 22:15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...