UKC

Camping in Yorkshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,

Does anyone know of any decent, cheapish, campsites near Almscliff or the other crags?!

Thanks
In reply to Offwidth:

That was helpful.

Thanks.
 Offwidth 03 Aug 2014
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

If you read the post it's aimed at UKC, not you (why should new users know?) I searched some old threads to try and find details of a site near Otley to see if was still open without luck.
 Jon Stewart 03 Aug 2014

Up in the Aire Valley, there's a site at Cononley. Might be worth looking for places near Bolton Abbey. Around Almscliff it's kind of semi-urban Yorkshire.
In reply to Offwidth:

I'm not a new user?!

Thanks Jon
 Offwidth 03 Aug 2014

Well I apologise for being sympathetic...you should know better. The forum definitions are clear and they allow users to target their interest and their misuse is annoying.
In reply to Offwidth:

Which I did? You could see the post name, no need to go looking for arguments. Who put you in charge of the forum anyway?
 Offwidth 04 Aug 2014

If we all use the forums properly they work a lot better. A post of this title on this forum indicates a potential access threat to camping in yorkshire. If you don't give a shit thats your perogative but its hardly community spirited.
In reply to Offwidth:

Ah, I see what you mean now! I retract previous. Comments! Sorry! !
 ByEek 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Offwidth: Easy tiger. There is nothing worse when you are searching the web for some information and you discover that someone else asked the same question as you, only for some snotty person on the forum to tell them that they posted the question in the wrong section.

In answer to the op - I am afraid I don't have much experience of camping in this part of the world owing to having family nearby, but there seem to be plenty of sites to look into. Here is a start

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/camp+sites/@53.9764537,-1.5560372,12z
 Offwidth 07 Aug 2014
In reply to ByEek:

Implying the OP is too dumb to search on google? (where he was clearly looking for personal recommendations from climbers).
 1poundSOCKS 07 Aug 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

Potential access threat to camping in Yorkshire! You really thought that, or are you trying to make him feel bad?
In reply to ByEek:

Cheers mate,

I did browse google before hand but was wondering if anyone who had climbed in the area had personal experience with any or recommendations.
Camp in my garden. Harrogate. Or I have rooms.
7 miles from Almscliff.
Post edited at 08:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...