UKC

UKC Logbook - Type of ascent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BillO 16 Aug 2014
Can anyone advise the difference between a 'bouldered' ascent and a 'soloed' ascent as per logging in the online Logbook?

I've only just started logging my climbs and have noted all as 'Boulder' but on many problems I've seen people logging as 'Solo'.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Offwidth 16 Aug 2014
In reply to Will21:

Bouldered is for boulder problems and soloed is for routes. There is a clear overlap as short routes are also often bouldering highballs.
 kwoods 16 Aug 2014
In reply to Will21:

Just whatever you feel most closely relates to your ascent. Short crags with trad grades will see loads of Solo grades, whereas you sometimes see boulder problems, just as high, with E-grades that typically gets logged as "Sent". (Physical Graffiti at Dumbarton comes to mind here)
 JHiley 16 Aug 2014
In reply to Will21:
Ah Harborough rocks... If I used a pad I'll have logged it as sent, if I didn't I'll most likely log it as a solo if its in the guide as a route. Some of those easy aretes are very short though so maybe you're right. I guess boulderers didn't used to have pads.
Post edited at 19:02
OP BillO 16 Aug 2014
In reply to JHiley:

Yes, Harborough has some nice easy problems, many on a grassy base so you can get away without a mat most of the time. Yet there are some high problems there too.

I think it's my tick list OCD more than anything...
 JHiley 16 Aug 2014
In reply to Will21:

Well this is what UKC is for right?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...