UKC

Marathon du Mont Blanc registration dates?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 25 Aug 2014
Hi all, I hope the crappy English, Welsh and Irish weather hasn't turned your August Bank Holiday into a damp squib (whatever a 'squib' is), and if you're North of the border I hope you've enjoyed your super sunny Monday.

Can anyone out there in UKCland tell me when the MdMB opens for registration? I've tried their website (http://www.montblancmarathon.net/en ) and their Facebook page but can't seem to find a clue as to when I can enter.

Anyone (Iain)?

Cheers, TtB
 yorkshireman 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

I registered last year (although missed it this year due to injury) in October.

It was hard to enter - I was on the west coast of the US at the time so had to wake up at 4am an constantly refresh the site as it kept going down with the demand but finally got in.

Good luck, I might try again for next year and finally do it.
In reply to yorkshireman:

Ah, great. Many thanks, I'll sit tight until October then. I didn't realise that all 2000 places would go so quickly, I'll need to remain vigilant regarding registration date then.

Thanks for posting. Maybe see you on the start line
In reply to yorkshireman:

Dates are in...

Each year, places for 5 Mont-Blanc Marathon races are increasingly popular. With more than 20,000 connections inclusions 2014, Chamonix Sports Club has decided for 2015 to hold a draw for the following races: Marathon of the Mont Blanc, Cross du Mont-Blanc and 80 km from the Mont-Blanc. For the 10km and KM Vertical registration will open October 13, 2014.

Organization of 2015 entries:-Monday 13 October to Sunday, October 19, 2014: pre-registration Mont-Blanc MARATHON - October 24, 2014: Announces selected Marathon du Mont-Blanc (2000 seats) - Monday, October 27 to Sunday, November 2: pre-registration CROSS du Mont-Blanc - November 7, 2014: announcement of selected cross du Mont-Blanc (1500 seats) - Monday, 10 November, to Sunday, November 16, 2014: pre-registration 80 KM Mont Blanc - November 21, 2014 : announcement of selected 80km from the Mont-Blanc (1000 seats) (Translated by Bing)
 yorkshireman 26 Sep 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Thanks, I'll give it a go when the registration opens - I'm training for a PB in a road marathon at the moment and so trying to keep my runs flat and boring - really can't wait to just run for fun on trails next year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...