UKC

Good walking base accessible from york

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Beccainlondon 27 Aug 2014
Hi I'm in York for work & thought I would tag on a few days hill walking. Any suggestions for a town/village that would be a good base? I don't drive so needs to be accessible by train and or cab. I'd like walks from the door and at least one pub/restaurant in the vicinity. Thanks!
 victorclimber 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Beccainlondon:

I live in York and its probably not impossible with what you want to do ,but fairly hard ..Trains are the difficulty .Leeds and then to Settle and Settle Carlisle various places to get of may fit the bill..or get to Whitby Bus and then you could get around from there ...
Beccainlondon 03 Sep 2014
In reply to victor climber

Thanks for the info victorclimber. Any idea whether somewhere closer like howardian hills worth a visit?
Thanks
smr 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Beccainlondon:

You could try Osmotherley. Train to Northallerton then cab (or bus if you're lucky with timing) should get you there quickly and easily. Nice small village with B&Bs, 3 good pubs and walks from the door. You may be able to use the Moors Bus service to get you slightly further field once there (or do one way walks and bus back) - but I don't know if it runs mid-week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...