UKC

Recommendations for a minimal road shoe please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 03 Sep 2014
Ive almost worn out my NewBalance minimus 00 which have been good on road and just casual wear, sadly they no longer make them.
Im now looking for some replacements and thought Id ask UKC runners what they recommend , I am considering some Inov8s as they worked well for me off road, aside from that Ive not got much inspiration.

Ta in advance.
Removed User 03 Sep 2014
In reply to ow arm:

The most minimal road shoes I have seen and used are the Vivobarefoot Evo Pure, the soles are 3mm thin and wow do you feel the ground. Which is very interesting as I do daft things with my feet if I can't. They are lovely and light though. Look nice too.

But I do pretty much all of my road running in their Achilles sandals.. but that just might make me a bit.. weird.. But the are slightly thicker, feel more protective but being a sandal it means that they don't make my toenails hurt.

Hope it helps.

OP The Potato 03 Sep 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Thanks, Ive tried barefoot type shoes but for me on road its too harsh after a few miles, so looking for minimalist but not barefoot.
 Carolyn 03 Sep 2014
In reply to ow arm:
Merrell Access Arc (or a name a bit like that, at least in the women's range?). Anyhow, Merrell do a transition range that's slightly more padded than their barefoot range, which suits me better for running on road.

ETA this looks like the current men's version
http://www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/34798M/89851/Mens/Barefoot...
Post edited at 22:54
In reply to ow arm:

For road running, i love my Inov8 Road 233's (having trained for and run 2 road marathons in them) and presume the more minimal versions will be equally good if that's what you're looking for.
OP The Potato 04 Sep 2014
In reply to ow arm:

Thanks, Ive ordered some Inov8 Road-x treme 208 which are a bargain price at ratrace at the mo, although I was also tempted by some mizunos and merrells on sportsshoes.com
 biscuit 04 Sep 2014
In reply to ow arm:

They've got the NB Minimus in Sports Direct atm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...