UKC

Trail des Aiguilles Rouges 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Houghton 30 Sep 2014
Hello everyone,

I ran in the TAR in Chamonix on Sunday, ended up finishing 62 out of somewhere between 600-700 people, which was something of a shock to me.

I wrote a short story about the race, which you can read here if you like:
http://altitudinalnoodles.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/trail-des-aiguilles-roug...

My legs haven't really worked as legs today, but I'm sure they'll get better in due course.

Happy running, all!

Pete
Ferret 02 Oct 2014
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Looks superb. Food for thought in the list of things I'd love to do....
moffatross 02 Oct 2014

Kudos and a great report
 goatee 02 Oct 2014

A superb write up Pete and a superb effort. Almost makes me want to do it...almost.
OP Pete Houghton 02 Oct 2014
In reply to goatee:

Thanks for the kind words chaps, it was a pretty fun day out despite the fact that I don't like running that much. I can definitely see the appeal, but I still haven't woken up in the morning and thought "You know, today would be a great day to go running..." like I have with skiing and climbing.
OP Pete Houghton 05 Oct 2014

Whoops, I forgot, and sorry to plug away again at my inane scribblings on the matter, but I've been writing a sporadic diary of events since I started running back in April, just to try and keep track of progress and all that. I stuck it all together and neatened it up a bit, and this is the result:
http://altitudinalnoodles.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/trail-running-episode-1/

It's a bit boring at first and remains that way unless you like running, but if nothing else, perhaps it might illustrate just how easy it is to get a bit fitter in a relatively short space of time: from sweating and wheezing your way through a jog-walked 10km on the flat, to finishing not-too-badly on a 50km, 4000m run.

That's it, I'll leave you alone now... (until the next adventure presents itself!!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...