UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Yorkshire Gritstone Volume 2: Ilkley to Widdop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 12 Nov 2014
Front Cover shot of Adi Gill on Shock Horror E6 6b  Ilkley (Rocky Valley) Photo Mike Hutton , 4 kbA glimpse into what you can expect to find in the second volume of Yorkshire Gritstones definitive guidebook produced by the Yorkshire Mountaineering Club and an army of volunteers.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6844
 Offwidth 12 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Its just like its Yorkshire Xmas coming

Loving the subliminal message bit.
 chalkyjim 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

Nicely written Adi
In reply to UKC Gear:

I bought a copy yesterday, much like Volume 1 it is a truly fantastic publication - topos: clear, descriptions: good and action shots: inspiring.

I'm sure I could add more, but seeing as there is a review on the way I'll leave it there. Besides, Adi did such a great job in putting the article together, if you're not convinced by that then you should probably stick to climbing in Lancashire

In reply to UKC Gear:

Actually before I get in trouble for saying that, I must say I was pretty blown away with the quality of the rock in Robin's recent Lancashire Gritstone Bouldering Article.

Looks like I won't be spending that much time in the Peak this winter...
 robin mueller 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

Haha, keep stirring those roses!

County feuding aside, the two new guides between them show that Calderdale gritstone is flipping brilliant, from the Widdop crags all the way down to Blackstone Edge.

So many new problems... Itching to get out this weekend...
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 14 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks great. Congratulations to everyone involved.
 adi3969 14 Nov 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

Cheers Rob , glad you like it , it's amazing what can be done with a strong team of volunteers . I think I forgot to mention that it is currently the Chinese year of the whippet ," Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire"
 adi3969 14 Nov 2014
In reply to adi3969:

Couldn't have done it without this guy,

http://www.mikehuttonphotography.com/

Cheers Mike
 Offwidth 14 Nov 2014
In reply to adi3969:
Three thousand cheers really. Not many photographers have done for such a wide range of volunteer guides what he has done in the last decade. Brilliant bloke to work with as well. Climbing volunteer work is time consuming but easy 'work' for many of us, the top volunteer photographers on the other hand have to be a lot more patient while we have fun: they are all stars but Mike especially so on the grit guides.
Post edited at 12:02
 adi3969 14 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Ilkley now the joint 2nd gritstone crag with the most E9s , Gerty Berwick, Rodney Mullen, New Statesman , someone has yet to do more than one , plenty of contenders, come on winter
 1poundSOCKS 14 Nov 2014
In reply to adi3969:

> someone has yet to do more than one

Hasn't Jacob Cook done two of them, if you include The Lizard King?
 adi3969 14 Nov 2014
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Ah yes , four E9s then joint top with Wimberry
 peewee2008 15 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

How dare you accuse me of shooting Nikon Adi!!
 adi3969 15 Nov 2014
In reply to peewee2008:

I wondered how long it would take you to bite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...