UKC

Harrison's Rocks - SVG - Phase 3 of the woodland plan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graham Ad 24 Nov 2014
The third phase of the Harrison’s Rocks Woodland Management Plan will take place this week and the Sandstone Volunteers' Group will be clearing the arsings and carrying out further revetment and footpath work over this coming weekend Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th November 2014.

Consequently, we are now calling for volunteer help to clear the arisings and carry out any further revetment and brashing work required.

The work will mainly consist of moving the felled and sectioned trees to where they’re needed or creating habitat or brash piles. Any surplus or unusable material will be burnt.

Please come out and help with the work. A simple reply email to me letting me know whether Saturday or Sunday will greatly help in the planning of resources (via my ukclimbing profile is good...).

We will start work at 09:30 on both the Saturday and Sunday and work until dusk. Meet up in the car park or later on the crag. We’ll be working on the area by the fallen tree (The Sewer area).

Please bring a packed lunch and drink. Boots and old clothing are advised – something water resistant but don’t wear your new Arcteryx jacket

There will be a free (yes, FREE) barbecue after we finish for those helping on the Saturday.

Pruners and bowsaws are probably the most useful tools for dealing with the remains of the felled trees. For the revetment work, buckets, spades/shovels/wheelbarrows/buckets are also useful.

It'll probably be muddy on the lower path so come prepared! Heavy gardening gloves are good for protecting your hands.

Details will be put on the SVG website along with any changes to the schedule. www.sandstonevolunteers.org.uk I’ll also try to put up numbers of volunteers for each day so that you can decide when help is needed most.

Please pass this on to others who are not on the SVG mailing list and also to local clubs, walls etc.

Thanks,
Graham.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...