UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Jöttnar's Hymir - World's Lightest NeoShell Mountain Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 09 Jan 2015
Jöttnar introduces Hymir - a streamlined, focused, ultra-lightweight, technical hooded climbing smock, constructed from the world's lightest grade of Polartec NeoShell.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6690
blahblahblacksheep 09 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I still prefer the design of the Arcteryx alpha SL pullover. Not sure what is the obsession with the single chest pocket...kangaroo pouch all the way!
 Damo 10 Jan 2015
In reply to climbnplay:

> I still prefer the design of the Arcteryx alpha SL pullover. ..kangaroo pouch all the way!

The Alpha SL is Paclite, which is not breathable enough, hence it's extinction.

I think the Hymir looks excellent and will buy one if I can sell my entire estate and shrink my chest/lats two inches to fit their XL.

A Kangaroo pouch lets things slip and slop around in front of you, which is annoying and can obscure your view down to your harness. If the waterproof zip fails, or doesn't exist, the horizontal design becomes a rain-collection device.
 TobyA 10 Jan 2015
In reply to Damo:

> I think the Hymir looks excellent and will buy one if I can sell my entire estate and shrink my chest/lats two inches to fit their XL.

I guess it's very hard to find one to try, but the Bergelmir jacket I have is very big in the chest for a medium, I've actually wondered if a small would have fitted me, which is unheard of normally! I think I'm getting to review the Hymir soon, so will post here about how the sizing feels - because it could be that the XL might fit you?
 ScraggyGoat 10 Jan 2015
Good to see actual mountain specification smocks being revived, and with more thought as to thier tailoring, than a bag with arms. Would have liked two diagonal chest pockets to hide your hands in, but would have added weight. Probably cannae afford it though........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...