UKC

NEW REVIEW: Edelrid Jay II and Jayne Harnesses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 12 Jan 2015
The Edelrid Jay II harness - close up, 5 kbThe Jay II and Jayne are two climbing harnesses from the German gear manufacturer Edelrid – The Jay is designed for men and the Jayne for women.

UKC Gear Reviewer Mark Glaister puts them through their paces...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6951

TobyA 12 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've come to rather like the plastic reinforcement thingy on my Orion - http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5779 It makes tying on a breeze and does protect against wear. My old DMM harness had red material wrapped around that part of the harness, with the idea being that once that material wears through it is time to consider changing your harness. It took five years of heavy use, which seems fair enough - but that bit of wear indicator was indeed the first to go. So Edelrid's solution seems a sensible one - obviously that junction on any harness takes some heavy wear.
 PPP 12 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

After having Petzl Corax and Petzl Hirundos, I much prefer fixed leg loops. I can't understand why did I ever need adjustable leg loops. I think the next harness I'll have is Petzl Sama as Hirundos was too ultralight and it's probably going to be refunded soon (the stitching failed and currently waiting for the reply from the Petzl). A fit might be a problem, though.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I have used an Edelrid Moe for a while and really like it, the reinforced tie-in loop is a brilliant idea - it was always the 1st spot to wear. It also has sewn leg-loops which I prefer to buckles.
The only worry is the way it 'creaks' when you lower off - I think it is the plastic reinforcement on the tie-in loop 'creeping' back and forth - spooky!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...