UKC

Multipitch Epic Climbing Photos Wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robbo99 26 Feb 2015

Hi guys, i'm looking for some photos that depict a team multipitching somewhere fairly exposed with a climber in the foreground leading and a background belayer. They can also be a side view of a crag with a team heading up an arete or similar.

Whilst i can't pay for the photos (which will be photoshopped and displayed on my product website) i will ensure that there's a reference to you on the website, something we can agree on in finer detail should you have something suitable.

I'l also offer an opportunity to test out the latest version of the product (probably cheddar/portland/swanage) with me in the field, sometime in April. You'll also be first on the list to be able to buy one of the devices once we launch on Kickstarter.

I'm afraid i can't give me details of what the product actually is in a public forum at this moment.

Hope you can help! Thanks

+ Edit - Same offer goes for similarly epic photos of mountain biking, snowboarding/skiing, paragliding and any other similar adventure sport
Post edited at 15:59
 CrushUnit 26 Feb 2015
In reply to robbo99:

Hi Rob,

You probably aren't aware but there is a bit of a backlash amongst photographers at the moment about people asking for free photographs to use to promote commercial products.

Imagine if when you had created your product and go on to sell it, if I said to you I really wanted one but can't afford to buy it, give me one for free and I will reference you on my website....probably wouldn't sound like a good deal would it?

Don't mean to put a downer on your thread, genuinely hope things go well with the new product just wanted to point out a different angle before someone else says it in a less pleasant way.

OP robbo99 26 Feb 2015
In reply to CrushUnit:

Hi, thanks for the heads-up, wasnt aware of this at all.

The device itself will be priced at around 50gbp but i appreciate the sentiment towards the proposed exchange. Unfortunately as this is a start-up i really cant afford to give away the devices for free.

I was rather hoping the promotion of the person's photos would be something they'd be interested in and was otherwise expensive (?). perhaps my ignorance showing
 Hannes 26 Feb 2015
In reply to robbo99:

You'll probably find someone (a hobbyist) to give you a photo but very few semi-professional photographers would give you a photo like that. The national union of journalists give a guide price of £1300 for use on a website and online for one year, hence the deal that the photographer gets one of your gadgets as part of the deal is actually a fantastic one for you. Commercial photography isn't free so why not make it a bit more palatable to the photographer? The gadget shouldn't really cost you more than £25 anyway.

Good luck finding a photo! You can always try royalty free on flickr, shutterstock etc for photos if you don't have any success here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...