UKC

I'm so weak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NelsonJ 16 Apr 2015
Just can't seem to get up anything hard - I cut my hair short but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm trying to eat the right stuff - what's the best type of KFC to give me extra power.
I've also started wearing my t shirts really tight as well - but again it doesn't help.

Any ideas ????
Removed User 16 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

taps aff not tight.
 ianstevens 16 Apr 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Have you tried a beanie?
 jshields 16 Apr 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

+1 for the beanie, that will sort it
 SteveD 16 Apr 2015
In reply to jshields:
> +1 for the beanie, that will sort it

And some tatty cheap string bracelet things, preferably made in a 3rd world co-op or by an ex who was into cystalography

summo 16 Apr 2015
In reply to jshields:

> +1 for the beanie, that will sort it

topless or a vest helps too.

Not forgetting there is direct correlation between the size of your chalk bag and ability.
 Wsdconst 16 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:
Grunt, scream,beanie ,no shirt, sitting cross legged looking at the woody,crappy bracelets,talk in riddles,live in a van.if any of these are missing you just ain't gonna make the grade
OP NelsonJ 16 Apr 2015
Never leave your UKC account logged on at work!

AGGGHHH!
 mrgleb 16 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

Do some Yoga, get dreads, wear Prana pants and go Buddhist.
 jsmcfarland 17 Apr 2015
In reply to mrgleb:

> Do some Yoga, get dreads, wear Prana pants and go Buddhist.

^ this. Wearing Prana is guaranteed to raise your onsight level by a few grades, bouldering or routes.
 Steve Perry 17 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

Get a para-chord bracelet, they're good for two tech grades.
Removed User 17 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:
You need an audience, they don't have to be admiring, you just need to convince yourself they are, physical props for a mental game.
 Xharlie 17 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

The truth is already listed above but DO NOT forget to change your diet. At the crag or at the gym, regardless of the length of the walk-in, you must only eat CLIFF bars. After a work out, protein shakes must be consumed - the more radioactive the colour, the better. Learn about the words "granola" and "burrito" and apply that knowledge to your new diet.

Other life-style changes can help, too. For example, only approach shoes are known to preserve that vital foot-shape you should be seeking so you should wear them at all times - even in the city, on the tube and at work.
 jshields 17 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveD:

Cheers Steve, top advice, does it matter what colour they are?
 AliRLee 20 Apr 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

Diet is really important i find. Remember to have your 5 a day: that being 5 Irn Bru or Tennents a day. Tests for this are still in the beta stage but results are looking good!
 Aigen 21 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

You need dread locks for sport climbing (Ben Moon). You need a beard for Mountaineering (Bonnington). You need to wear a beanie for bouldering (every knob in the country). You need a winey American accent and a certain air of superiority for crack climbing.
 deepsoup 21 Apr 2015
In reply to Aigen:
> You need dread locks for sport climbing (Ben Moon).
The dreads have been gone a *long* time now, and he still seems to manage the odd route now and then.

> You need a winey American accent and a certain air of superiority for crack climbing.
Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker seem to manage ok.
 ti_pin_man 21 Apr 2015
In reply to NelsonJ:

forget KFC, these days its all Double MaccyD.
forget the shirt, you have to show youre six pack and muscles.
add the beanie, essential.

There, youve jumped 3 grades at least.
 Steve nevers 21 Apr 2015
In reply to weelee9985:

> Diet is really important i find. Remember to have your 5 a day:

I've been trying this with the Whillians training plan..

..but find after 5 pints, 5 pies, 5 fights and 5 other peoples wives I don't have much time left for climbing.

Also if you do buy prana pants, make sure they are as disgustingly lurid as possible, as lime green/pink/purple instantly gives you the ability to one-arm slopers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...