UKC

REVIEW: Edelweiss Performance 9.2mm Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 Jul 2015
Sport Climbing with the Edelweiss Performance 9.2mm Rope, 4 kbThe Performance 9.2mm from Edelweiss is a triple rated rope, meaning it can be used as a single, a twin, or a half rope. It features a choice of dry treatments (Everdry or Super Everdry) that make it more durable and water resistant and it comes in a choice of colours.

We've had our review rope (green, 60m, 'Super Everdry' treated) since late 2014, and have used it as both a half rope and a single rope for trad climbing and as a single rope for sport climbing.

Here's what we have found...

Read more

Removed User 16 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've had mine for over a year (neon pink because it looks incredible) and can also attest to its durability, decent amount of trad/sport and it doesn't look much worse than it did when it was brand new. That's without the dry treatment either.
 Ed Booth 16 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Interesting review, I have found nicely soft and supple for use, but unfortunately found it to not wear too well near the ends where it has fluffed up a lot. I've had mine for a year but only used it for a few weeks of climbing. Great handling rope though. And light enough for big long port pitches.
 obi-wan nick b 16 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:
Interesting review I note you weighed the rope and calculated the g per m based on 60m did you measure the length accurately too? IME rope lengths are sometimes not that accurate so an extra few metres would make quite a difference to the g per m value

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...