UKC

Split finger tips -healing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BAdhoc 10 Aug 2015
So I keep wearing away the fingertip until it's bleeding, my hands don't seem to be getting used to the grit.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on quicker healing and/or prevention?

Thanks
 Rocknast 10 Aug 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

Hi!

I use a brilliant moisturiser called ultra base after every session before I go to sleep. Helps to prevent excess shedding of the skin on my palms. Seems to work wonders for me, especially since it tends to be a bit tricky to tape up the very end of the fingertip.

Maybe also try to use other types of hand hold whenever possible instead of crimping to give the fingers a bit of a rest, such as a hand jam or open hand placement??

Jamie
OP BAdhoc 10 Aug 2015
In reply to Rocknast:

thanks, I am currently trying to learn how to jam partly to combat it, its these grit-stone slopers that seem to be ruining my skin. Seems to be ok on the crimps.

I'll have a look at the moisturiser, thanks.
 patsaunders 10 Aug 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

Have you tried Climbskin hand cream, it's great for healing and and calming sore skin. Also it's not wax-based so it is not greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.
 Rocknast 10 Aug 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

Oh yeah just thought of another idea too. Try your best not to be too ‘slappy’ going for holds until you think you’ve got a good chance of sticking them. I find slipping off holds is very hard on the skin and can often rips chunks off too lol.

But yeah jamming on grit is a beast!

Happy climbing!!
Emm 12 Aug 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

Flexitol Heel Balm is excellent for cracked skin - the best thing I've ever found.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...