UKC

travelling with bike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ben FR 18 Aug 2015
Hi, a friend of mine is going over to live in Canada and he wants to get his bike over there..
he was thinking of going over without it and then getting it sent over to him once he's settled.

anyone done a similar kind of thing and can give any advice on the best/cheapest way to do things?

thanks
In reply to Ben FR:

About 5 years ago I sent a load of my daughters possessions including her bike over there. Put them all in a Pallet Box, and sent them via a removals / forwarding company ( someone like Pickfords). Not a problem if you're sending them somewhere close to a customs clearing centre. My Daughter had to travel for 5 hours to 'clear' them in person, and then arrange for delivery from the clearance centre to her home as the pallets were too big for her car.

It's probably a lot les hassle to fly out with the bike as 'sports equipment'. Budget carriers like Air Transat / Canadian Affair only charge £ 20 each way which is a damn sight cheaper than Ryanair charge!
 Co1in H 18 Aug 2015
In reply to Ben FR: If you are going to travel with the bike and don't yet have a container, ask your friendly neighbourhood bike shop if they have a box from any recent bike delivery. It will be free and perfectly acceptable to the airlines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...