UKC

Recommendations required. Camera and video apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LifeIsAmazing 28 Aug 2015
I'm looking to buy a compact digital camera as a step up from just taking photos on my Xperia Z3 phone. Budget upto £160. Something small, light and tough with decent software for PCs.

Also would like any recommendations on Android apps for video editing or even just a simple one for the PC.

Thanks
 rallymania 28 Aug 2015
In reply to KidneyKids:

don't know much about cameras at that price point i'm afraid, but the video editing software on a PC you could try the latest version of MS moviemaker which is normally free, or an older version of sony vega HD for £30to40 price point or adobe premier elements for a few quid more

regarding android, while laying out a timeline in a video editor is fairly straight forward, rendering the output is very CPU/GPU intensive... i'm not sure an android device with limited horsepower is the right beastie for that task
 The Lemming 28 Aug 2015
In reply to KidneyKids:

I don't think that you would buy a lemon provided you stick with the Big Boy brand names. Try not to get sucked into the marketing madness of as many pixels as possible. More pixels does not always mean better image quality.

As for video editing, I have had some very good results with Microsoft's free movie maker. However I took the plunge and bought a digital download of Adobe Premier Elements. It's around £70 but it's worth it for the options on offer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...