UKC

Watching movies online

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 28 Nov 2015
I want to watch Some Velvet Morning, now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2231138/

It's not available on Google Play or Netflix, but it is available on free, dodgy services that ask for your credit card details for verification and don't take any money, apparently. Seems dodge and is obviously illegal - I'm quite happy to pay to watch this damn movie.

Is there a better legal source which will have this film? Should I enter my card details...? Although if I did I suspect the viewing experience would be dire (quality/buffering). Do I have to accept that unless you like banal mainstream cack, you have a choice between the inconvenience of buying on DVD or the pain and misery of bittorrent?

Any advice/opinions?
 Mike-W-99 28 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Looks like its on amazon. Take out a free one month prime trial and watch it for nothing.

Edit - only on prime for amazon US
Post edited at 21:45
OP Jon Stewart 28 Nov 2015
In reply to Mike-W-99:

I did try that, but it seemed like it was only available for US customers. Might re-check it, cheers.
 MtnGeekUK 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Use a VPN service to pretend to be in US - unblock.us do a free one week trial...
 ClimberEd 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Have you tried blinkbox.

It's Tesco's pay on demand internet service and has a lot of movies and tv shows on it.
 Alyson 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

This might seem a pointless answer as they aren't currently showing the film you're after, but as you asked

> Do I have to accept that unless you like banal mainstream cack, you have a choice between the inconvenience of buying on DVD or the pain and misery of bittorrent?

I thought it might be worth you knowing about Curzon Home Cinema.

They show knew releases (you can watch online on the same day as a cinema release), and an eclectic and changing mix of older films. Always worth a browse.
OP Jon Stewart 29 Nov 2015
In reply to all:
Cheers all - my problem is now resolved, thanks to UKC, with regard to this particular film. Plenty of options there for next time. I think illegal downloading (+VPN type protection) is probably the way to go in future; much as I'm quite prepared to pay a few quid, if the market can't offer what I'm looking for then, screw'em.
Post edited at 10:18

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...