UKC

Hawkwind tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 11 Jan 2016
Worth going to see? I like my space rock but have only heard a fraction of their stuff.

Playing in Glasgow 15 April.
 nastyned 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

Saw them last month but as this tour isn't coming to London doubt I'll see them this time round.
 Big Ger 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

Always worth seeing, great stage show.
 digby 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

They must be getting on a bit. Quick, before they snuff it
In reply to Flinticus:

Given that aging rockers seem to be on the grim reaper's to-do list this year, how much longer is Dave Brock going to be defying his past pharmaceutical intake?

T.
 3leggeddog 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

Hawkwind hold the dubious accolade of being both the best and worst live act I have seen. At their best, they will blow you away, at their worst you get self indulgent hippy drivel. Think of it as a lottery.
 coinneach 11 Jan 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Does Stacey still get her kit off?

Scary stuff if she does !
 pec 11 Jan 2016
In reply to coinneach:

> Does Stacey still get her kit off?

> Scary stuff if she does ! >

No, they've gone all PC
Actually they had a couple of young women dancing for them when I saw them a couple of years ago who came on in a variety of wierd and wonderful costumes. It was quite comical as the stage was so crowded there was hardly any space left for them so they had to tiptoe around all the amps and stuff dressed up as aliens on stilts etc.

I thought it must be a bit wierd for the pair of them (aged about 20) to spend a few months on the road with a load of old geezers.

dread-i 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

You can have 10 vans in a lay-by, but it's not a proper festival unless Hawkwind play.

I've seen them many, many times. From dodgy fields to proper venues. If they are full on, and have a good lighting rig they are awesome. I last saw them 2013 at Jodrell Bank supporting Aussie Pink Floyd, and they were ok, but it was broad daylight and not much atmosphere.

It will probably be a storming gig. Glasgow is a rock and roll town and they are a rock band.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...