UKC

Nomic III

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil Ingle 19 Feb 2016
Hi

I noticed that some people are selling Nomic III's now and on the Petzl site they are now updated to U21.3 but I cant find a review for this third generation axe anywhere. Does anyone know what they have changed on it?

I was wondering if the creaking and the weak pommel had been addressed.

Cheers

Phil
 Sharp 19 Feb 2016
In reply to Phil Ingle:

Saw something about them replacing the picks with a slightly modified version of the old one that people used to like, perhaps it's just that. Looks like a good pick but I don't think they've addressed the creaking issue, I thought the pommel problem had been rectified already. I saw something on facebook about a month ago saying they were still reviewing the problems people were having with them disintegrating after a couple of seasons use (that's my own wording
 HeMa 19 Feb 2016
In reply to Sharp:

> I thought the pommel problem had been rectified already.

It's better, but there has still been problems. I think the original version had the most robust pommel...

ColdWill 24 Feb 2016
In reply to Phil Ingle:

Only seen this mentioned http://www.thealpinestart.com/2016/01/or-winter-2016-hardware-packs/
not really anything new. Pommels are now fine imo.
 Lil_Pete 24 Feb 2016
In reply to Phil Ingle:

U21 2 was the original redesign that was released with the orange inserts in the handle. Since the Griprest problems and subsequent exchange the model changed to U21 3 the following year.

Only notable upgrade of late is the Pur'Ice pick as some commented earlier which is similar to the original ice pick but pure T rated. Nice extra curve at the tip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...