UKC

What hut to hut ski tour for next week?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 02 Mar 2016
Hello,

I've just found that I have next week off and want to go ski touring with my gf. Can anyone recommend a hut to hut tour that would have open huts and good snow? We need to book flights tonight.

Ideally it would not rely on winter rooms, be amazing, be somewhere in Europe with fairly cheap flights, have decent skiing, not require too many nights in valleys, have some interesting mountaineering stuff along the route as well, not be so high that altitude will have much of an impact, be a bit remote, but have others for random hut games.

We did the silvretta tour over 8 days a few years ago and enjoyed that and were looking at stubai and queryas as options for next week, not haute route as I think it'd be crowded... All recommendations welcome!
OP jonnie3430 17 Mar 2016
In reply to jonnie3430:

Ended up in the Stubai Alps, I don't think all the huts mentioned in the cicerone guide are still open, but we stayed in the Amberger Hut, wanted to stay in the Franz Senn, but there was no space. There was easily enough there for a week of touring. Flights to Munich and train to Innsbruck were simple, poor weather at the start meant that we did day trips from there to Fulpmes and St Anton until it improved, the good bus service up the valley to Stubai Glacier meant that it was easy to be based there, with the the better food and sights than in a ski resort for evenings. There are lockers at the station that you can easily get a ski bag into that don't break the bank, they say 5 days max, but I assume you may go longer if you speak to the people in lost property. From the chat in the hut, Oztal is high on the list for next year.
 OwenM 17 Mar 2016
In reply to jonnie3430:

I recommend the Oztal circuit great tour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...