UKC

Recommend a coach?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sleepy_trucker 30 Apr 2016
It's been a while since I did any climbing and, back then, I was little more than a newcomer. I want to pick it back up this year and really make the most of it

I was once a very talented target shooter and was well on the road to the likes of the commonwealth games and possibly higher (sadly, my young mind found women more interesting and I got sacked from the national squad). I've seen firsthand the benefits of a good coach and I'm keen to apply the same to my climbing.

I'm trying to see myself as something of a blank canvas at the moment and I'm sure a coach would agree that's the best starting point in any sport - if the "student" can commit the time and finances to see it through. I think a good place to start would be a session with a coach every other week or once a month but with "homework" set by said coach at the end of each session. I probably lack the strength/stamina at the moment to see much value from long coaching sessions so I guess 2-3hrs a time would be a good starting point (though, obviously, that's more for the coach to decide).

Anyone know of someone who fits the bill without hours of travelling from Lincoln (lincolnshire)?
 Graham Booth 30 Apr 2016
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:
National express is a quality way to travel!
In reply to Graham Booth:

Maybe, not sure what you're getting at though?
astley007 30 Apr 2016

A poor attempt at humour!!!!!!
 Graham Booth 30 Apr 2016
In reply to astley007:

I will get my coat!

Tom Randall
Neil Grisham
Andy Swann

Worth a look!
 mattrm 30 Apr 2016

John Kettle - in the Lakes, maybe a bit far for you, but he's excellent. Not a 'famous' climber. But a great coach, who's put a lot of effort into the coaching side of things. http://johnkettle.com/

Tom Randall - I've had one coaching session with Tom and had climbed with him once. He's a great guy and his lattice board seems like a good way of measuring physical progress. Really nice, friendly and keen chap. http://latticetraining.com/

There are lots of other folk out there, but those are two who I've had coaching from and I highly recommend either of them.
 WaterMonkey 30 Apr 2016
In reply to Graham Booth:

Well I thought it was funny!
Not sure if that says much about me or you though!
 ffdalton 30 Apr 2016
In reply to Sleepy_trucker: IM me on face book. Happy to take you out in the Peak District. Peak athlete climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...